CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 27, 2010

a little over 2 weeks

So its been a little over 2 weeks since my accident, I can hardly believe it. A lot has happened and then again everything is still about the same. So I went to the ortho last wed. He is actually the UofA physican, he specializes in shoulder injury so I felt pretty comfortable with him. He said I have an ac seperation and a shoulder contusion, also that the grinding I'm experiencing is from my scapula rubbing on my rib cage (ouch right). So he said I didn't need surgery which was a relief but that I needed to be off work for a month. Well I had already been off 8 days not paid and the thought of being off made me sick due to the money then I found out they were going to have to train someone to do my job temporarily while I was out. I couldn't even stand the thought of someone else doind my job. I love my job and I'm kinda anaul I like it done a certain way. So the MD said that I could go back in a week if I felt better but I would still need to know my own limatations (no lifting anything over 2lbs with the left arm, no pushing or pulling). With my job I can do this with the help of my CNAs which I must say are pretty awesome. So I'm going back to work on the 4th this coming Monday. I'm kinda nervous I know that's stupid. So that's where I stand with all that. So the pews at church kill my shoulder so I didn't go to church last night so I took a bath and when I was drying off my shoulder popped I mean really popped it hurt so bad it almost brought me to my knees but I think my ac joint actually popped back into place. So this is a good thing it actually feels better and I have a lot more ROM with it now than I did a few days ago. I'm cont to do the pt at home, taking the muscle relaxers, and anti-inflammatory meds. This will cont for a while I'm sure. I'm nervous about going back to work I really am afraid of injury my shoulder more but I know I just have to be careful. Oh yeah the reason why my scapula is grinding on my ribs is bc of the inflammation. I also have to ice my shoulder a lot. I will be bringing my ice pack to work with me so during lunch I can ice it its still really swollen and tends to swell easily. We finally were able to get another car the week before last we got a 2010 toyota corolla let me tell you once you go toyota you never go back lol. I really wanted an SUV but that's just not what God had in store for us. He always provides your needs for you just not always your wants. Anyways so the corolla is awesome it rides like a luxury vehicle. It cost $24 to fill it up it was like a little less than 1\4 left and then I got 40mpg woohoo. A full tank can go a little over 400 miles so I drive almost 300 miles a week so that's awesome that I can go on one tank of gas and it only cost me 24 bucks. Plus me and a lady from work, Monica, who also goes to church with me are going to start riding together so that will be nice especially since we now have a higher car payment. Well sense I've been at home I've had a lot of down time, time to just think and pray, to meditate on everything. I really am not sure what is going to happen as far as me and Jeremy having a baby but I know in Gods timing it will all work out. This is hard but after the accident I realized how fast things can change and honestly how fast it can just come to an end. For these reasons I just want to enjoy the time with Jeremy, my family, and friends. I believe that everything happens
for a reason and I'm not real sure why this happened but I do think God wanted me to refocus. I had become so consumed with work that that is all I did, all I thought about and talk about but there is so much more to this one life God has given to us. Yes I still want to be a mom more than anything and I want Jeremy to be a dad but it might just take us a few more years to save up to either adopt or go through with the IVF. Jeremy and I both want to try the IVF first but we are totally open to the plans God has set before us bc I know they are perfect and I know God always provides our needs and sometimes our wants fall into that as well. Please forgive my spelling I have been typing so fast I feel like there is just so much on my heart and mind. Tomorrow I'm going to go get my tb test, (so I can go back to work), so get the lab work done that I was heading to get done the day of the accident, try to run by the gym to get some info on me and jeremy joining, and run by a mattress store to get some prices on a new mattress. I've been sleeping on the couch since the accident and honestly its way more comfortable than our bed but I do miss sleeping with my hubby. I'm also going to try to start going throw boxes we have yet to find the glass to my china hutch (I know where would it have walked off too). I've wanted to keep one room set aside for a nursery but I don't thinks that's a good idea everytime I walk by and see the emptiness it reminds me of the emptiness I feel inside so I'm wanting to get a day bed or a twin bed I figure we can use it even after the baby. So well just have to see what happens. One day at a time sweet Jesus that's all I'm asking of you.

0 comments: