CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 5, 2010

reply to last post comment

There are several things a want to say. There is a high risk of having twins with IVF however the risk is extremely low for having any more than that. Where you get into having multiples is with an IUI (which jeremy and I did try one). We would not destroy any of our embroys. Jeremy and I both want several children so if we had success we would try again with the embroys that were frozen. If we didn't have success the first time then we would just try again with the embroys we had stored. I would never waste them. I know that fertility treatment is very contreversal and in till you are in the position its really hard to say the choices that anyone would make. Of course Jeremy and I would rather get pregnant naturally however that is not an option for us so does that mean we should just throw our hands up. Well no we move on to the next step which for us was IUI with clomid. This was unsuccessful so now we are moving on to the next step which is also our final step in fertiltiy treatment. No one unless they have been through infertility can even imagine the devastation that one feels when they are at this point. Jeremy and I talk about our options and we make decisions on what we think is best for us. No this may not be what is best for someone else bc every person is different. People that chose to adopt willing without trying to have a child don't understand the effects of infertility. Jeremy nor I have anything against adoption and yes that is very likely that that's where we would end up and that's not a horrible thing. But its also not a horrible thing to do what jeremy and I have chosen to do. I know everyone has there own opinion and I also know that when I post stuff on here or on facebook that I am opening the door for everyone else to state their opinions as well. But this blog was originally started after Jill past away almost 2 yrs ago to be able to express myself and get things off my chest and as time has gone by I have used it to express my feelings about whatever happened to be going on in our life at that time. Maybe I should just go back to keeping a diary under my bed ;) but infertility is not something that should be hidden away too many people have done that for too many years and if I can help someone who will be going through this now or at a later time then that's what I want to do. I'm sorry if whoever reads this blog from time to time do not support the decisions Jeremy and I have made but honestly they are not anyone elses decisions to nake but our own.

3 comments:

LF

Vey well said. As a devout Christan and ministers wife. My husband and I tried for over 5 years. Multiple surgeries and multiple IUIs, 2 full IvF rounds and a frozen transfer later, we are expecting our first and probably our only child in Nov. Unless you have gone thru infertility you have no idea. Those who are not educated about Ivf have uninformed views. You are in total control of your embryos and the fertility clinic will not place more than 3 in. The chances of having too many embryos to know what to do with is slim to none. There are several options besides destroying thnor donating them to science.

Infertility is a lonely disease. Please let Kristie express her feelings on here without judgement. If you don't have anything nice to say...well, you know the rest. If you feel it is wrong then kristie and jeremy will have to answer for it. They have not gone into this journey empty handed or blind. Kristie, love to you..and chin up!!!

HaleeBurch

I love you and I hope I have not offended you by asking the questions I have asked.

Kristie Young

Halee, it did upset me but I know that you probably didn't meand it to. I just thought you knowing me you would know I would never destoy my embroys. I think the media has represented fertility treatment in a bad way. This is just a really hard time for Jeremy and I and we just need a lot of prayers and support. I love u halee I don't want to fight with u in anyway.