CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 12, 2010

thursday

If something is misspelled or runs together I'm sry I typing with one hand. So Thursday morning about 8:15 I was in a wreck. I hydroplaned and rearended someone. I had never been in a wreck or had a ticket until that day. I'm having a hard time dealing with the accident. Everytime I close my eyes that's all I see and hear. I'm sure in time that will get better. So I'm hoping that by writting what happened it will help me move past it. So I was driving to fayetteville to have some blood work done, normally I wouldn't have even been on this road. I exited off 540 and merged into the left lane bc the right lane was an exit only lane. (While I was driving on 540 I was only going 55 in the right lane and ppl were blowing my doors off) when I merged into the left lane I could tell traffic was slowing so I put my foot on the break and started slowing, then the car in front of me hit their breaks and I did the same well when I did I startedsliding a little and it seamed like it increased my speed bc I wasn't going fast to begin with. When I realized I wasn't stopping and going to hit the mini van in front of me I yanked the wheel to my right. I hit them on their right back and on my left front and drivers door. I can't even to beginning to explain how blessed I am it could have been so much worse. When I went into the right lane anyone could have hit me but God had his hands around me and protected me. I ended up on the right side shoulder almost in the ditch when I stopped. When I looked over at the van I hit I saw a lady get out and open the side door to check on her child. This threw me even more into a panic I could never live with myself if I hurt or killed someone. Thankfully they were both fine. I kept asking the cops and firemen. So they had to pry my door open and transported me (L hip, L shoulder, and L clavical) bruising and abrasions on my L and R shin from where I hit the dash. The most pain I've had is from my L arm\wrist. Doctor says I hyperextened it when yanking the wheel to the right and probably tore some muscles in my hand. My hand just keeps swelling I had to remove my rings and barely got my wedding ring off. So now my cars totaled, my arms in a sling for 2 weeks and my wrist is in a brace for 2 weeks. I'm not sure how this is going to work me having to use both of my hands for work. Ill write more soon but I'm beginning to hurt.

2 comments:

HaleeBurch

Oh Kristie, that is awful! I am so sorry that you are hurt, and that you totaled your car. I'm guessing my the ticket statement that they gave you one? But I'm not understanding why exactly. I am sorry about that too.
Know that it is extremely normal to have a hard time with this and I think that writing it down was an excellent idea. Let me know if the flashbacks don't get better soon. I will be praying for healing of the mind and body.

Kristie Young

Since I hit the person in front of me they consider it my fault. Thanks for caring Halee. I found out today that something is tore in my shoulder so I'm having an MRI and possibly surgery. Love ya girl!